Elections and Voting
Board of Directors
2017 San Isabel Electric Association, Inc., Annual Membership Meeting will be held on September 16, 2017 at John Mall High School in Walsenburg, CO.
Registration Opens: 10:00 a.m. Call to Order: 1:00 p.m.
Notice of Nominations
In accordance with Association Bylaws, Article III, Section 3:
To be eligible to become or remain a Director, a person must be a SIEA Member and receive electric service from SIEA at the Member’s primary residence in the district he or she represents. They must physically live and operate Member’s household in the legal residence for at least ten (10) months each year.
No Member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who is in any way employed by, or financially interested in, a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy, or any other entity where there would be a conflict of interest.
No Member shall be eligible to be become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who has been an employee of the Association during the three (3) years immediately before becoming a Director.
A candidate can run for a Director position on the SIEA Board in two ways:
- Selection during the Nominating Committee meeting scheduled for Wednesday, July 5, 2017, at SIEA Administrative Offices at 781 E. Industrial Blvd. Pueblo West, CO 81007.
- Nomination by petition. Any fifteen (15) or more Members may make other nominations in writing by signing their name to the petition. Petitions are due to SIEA Administration Office at 781 E. Industrial Blvd., Pueblo West, CO 81007 no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 2, 2017.
Instructions/Information for Candidates
Submitting a Nomination by Petition
- Complete the 2017 Petition Packet in its entirety.
- Complete the 2017 Candidate Information Form and submit required attachments and submit by deadline.
- Complete the 2017 Candidate Petition Form and submit by deadline.
- Petition Packet must be submitted by the Candidate, in person, to SIEA Headquarter Offices: 781 E. Industrial Blvd., Pueblo West, CO 81007.
- Petition Packet deadline is August 2, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Candidates are encouraged to submit complete Petition Packets prior to this deadline.
- Candidate and Member Service Representative will sign and date Petition Packet at the time of submission. Packet will be time stamped.
All Candidates who meet Director Qualifications and have submitted a complete Petition Packet by the deadline will be listed on the printed ballot. The submitted photo and biography will be included in the mailed Ballot Package. This information will also be posted on the San Isabel Electric Association, Inc. website: www. siea.com.
Mail in ballots will be sent and voting opens August 18, 2017.
Voting by mail-in ballots closes September 14, 2017.
On-site voting registration and ballots will occur at the Annual Meeting on September 16, 2017.
Candidates may prepare a brief speech to be given at the Annual Meeting. The speech may not exceed five (5) minutes maximum, per Board Policy 1-8.
Download the complete instructions and 2017 Nomination by Petition Packet HERE!
Please contact Chelsie West, Communications Manager, with any questions or concerns.
(719) 647-6268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.